Garage/Auto Repair Shop Insurance in Phoenix, Arizona
Businesses need insurance to establish a vital layer of financial protection against potential risks and unforeseen incidents that may impact their operations. The right coverage can help shield businesses from significant financial losses, including property damage, liability claims, employee injuries and legal disputes. Given the inherent risks of running an auto repair shop, it’s especially important for these businesses to secure robust insurance.
What Is Auto Repair Shop Insurance?
Auto repair shop insurance may refer to various coverage offerings designed to help financially protect garages from unexpected incidents. This insurance generally includes coverage for a range of incidents, such as work-related injuries, liability concerns and property losses.
What Is Covered With Auto Repair Shop Insurance?
As part of a robust insurance portfolio, an auto repair shop should typically consider the following types of coverage, among others:
- General liability insurance may help cover the resulting expenses if the auto repair shop is held responsible for causing property damage or bodily harm to a third party in certain situations.
- Commercial property insurance may help compensate the auto repair shop if its property is damaged due to a covered incident. This coverage may include the garage’s physical building and contents.
- Business income insurance may provide ongoing income if the auto repair shop needs to close its doors or halt operations temporarily due to a covered loss.
- Workers’ compensation insurance may help provide wage replacement and medical benefits to the auto repair shop’s employees if they become injured or ill due to a work-related incident.
- Garage keepers liability insurance may help cover damage to a customer’s vehicle while in the auto repair shop’s care. Garages with multiple locations will need a separate policy for each site.
What Is Garage Liability Insurance?
Garage liability insurance is an umbrella policy—and an extra layer of insurance—that helps protect against potential risks that garage owners and auto repair shops face. It typically supplements a general liability insurance policy. Garage liability insurance may include coverage for bodily injury and property damage that results from a garage’s operations. These liabilities may include incidents such as customer slips and falls or third-party property damage resulting from faulty auto repair work. Without adequate liability insurance, a garage owner would be responsible for paying for costly incidents out of pocket that could cause the business to close its doors permanently.
How Does Auto Repair Shop Insurance Work?
Auto repair shop insurance is designed to help relieve a garage owner’s financial burden when unexpected incidents occur. If an incident occurs that a garage owner thinks should be covered, they should file a claim explaining what happened and what was lost or damaged. Then, if their insurer agrees it is a covered incident, they will issue a payment to help the garage owner recover their losses.
Contact Rate Crushers Insurance Brokers today to ensure your auto repair shop has proper insurance coverage.